Half-Day Sessions: What are they?
Half Day Sessions
As I looked into updating my business for 2018, I took a minute to ask myself.. What would I want from a couples photographer? I thought about the photographers I love, what I envision for my own couples photography, and how could I possibly achieve all that. With much thought, I decided that I wanted to offer a bigger, more deluxe package….
And with that I (formally) introduce my half-day sessions!
Half-day sessions are a special occasion package meant for couples who want photos a little bit out of the ordinary. Whether you want to explore a TON of locations in San Francisco or venture to Yosemite or Point Reyes for the day, this is the package!
First off, what does a half-day session include?
Half-day sessions include:
- Up to 4 hours of Shooting/Exploring Time. From the time we reach the general location, we have up to four hours to explore the area and get awesome shots. This means you can fit in several different backdrops and a variety of outfits. (Time
- Pre-session consultation & planning, meaning I help organize ideas about locations, outfits, props, and posing ideas prior to the shooting date to help get images that are unique to you and your person.
- Minimum of 75 edited photos delivered through an online gallery
- A $50 Print Credit following the session.
So why invest in a half day session?
- Half-day sessions give us way more time to get to know each other, feel comfortable, and get creative. While I can get a lot of photos in my regular sessions, half days give us extra time to warm up to each other and get more personalized photos. We don’t feel rushed and it gives me time to see how you interact as a couple and capture more genuine moments. This is also great if we want to do more elaborate set-up, hike, etc.
- It’s a good excuse to go to way more locations or ones that would normally be outside of my scope. Whether you want to hit 3-4 different locations in SF or spend a few hours exploring Yosemite, this is a great way to do that. This is a GREAT way to take advantage of going to a destination spot. It also enables us to go to awesome spots that just wouldn't be possible on a regular one hour session. Want to hike to the top of Yosemite Falls? Let's do it. Want to get photos all along the Dipsea Trail in Muir Woods? I'm down. Let's go hiking. I want to get something out of the ordinary on these sessions. We'll make it work!
- My main intent of these photos is to use them as special anniversary, engagement, or honeymoon photos. I find these occasions to be super important and a great opportunity to capture memories of you and your partner. While the price tag is a little bit higher than your average couple session, I guarantee that they’ll be totally worth it for such a big moment in your relationship.
What are some examples of places to go for half-day sessions?
- Point Reyes
- Big Sur
- Lake Tahoe
- San Francisco - spend the day exploring the city
- Drive along Highway 1 - Half Moon Bay, Santa Cruz, etc. and see beaches, redwoods, and so on.
- [insert more awesome, nature-y destination spots here]
How much do half day sessions cost?
Half day sessions start at $600 for anything within 75 miles of my hometown Brentwood, CA. I will be making a list of locations with their travel fees within the coming weeks to provide more information on those. This is by far the best value session on my entire price list, so prices may go up in the next few months to year.
While half day sessions are definitely an investment, they are a great option for couples who wish to go above and beyond for their engagement or anniversary pictures. I wanted to be able to offer the kinds of photo session I would want, so here it is!
Here are a few more photos from my half-day session with Kristen & Dustin in Yosemite. We were able to explore around Bridal Veil Falls, frolic through Yosemite Valley overlooking Half Dome, go to the base of Yosemite Falls, and ended our day at the view from Tunnel Road.
If anyone has any questions about the half-day session packages that I did not cover above, please feel free to contact me or comment below. I'm so excited to finally be offering packages like this that go above and beyond.
Thanks for reading!